Thursday, November 13, 2008

It Begins...

Well, barring some unforeseen miracle, I'm not going be completing the Hugel this year. Too many distractions, not enough preparation. Still, it's November, and that means it's time to start up training (slowly) for the coming race season. I hope to peak around Fort Davis and podium the hill climb and hopefully the road race as well. This shouldn't be too hard despite the lack of adequate, Ventoux-like mountains in the Austin area - as long as I don't push too hard and get sick like last year.

For the first time in my life, I'll be riding a bike that isn't made of steel, which material as everyone knows is the ultimate in romance and tradition. This makes me a little sad. Still, nothing says ULTRA like titanium, and I'm hoping the Eddy Merckx decals will make up enough in the R & T department. We'll see. My new Campy Chorus groupset arrives on Monday or Tuesday. Build pictures to follow...

No comments: