Monday, March 23, 2009

Update 2: Spring Classic

It's a bit unusual for a seasoned Euro-pro to take on an unsanctioned race, but the annual Austin Spring Classic benefits a worthy cause (YBP) and is possessed of its own unique quaintness and charm. The course was fast and treacherous, criss-crossing central Austin and challenging the combatants with an array of tasks to be completed. My favorite stop was the tea-chugging at Ruta Maya, followed by push-ups. Rolling in a solid fourth behind two of Austin's most experienced pro cyclists and a young up-and-comer, I am quite pleased. Plus, I won a nifty shirt and hat and wallet and $10.

This weekend is Belterra and Manda. I will, as always, be on the offensive.

3 comments:

Maureen Grady said...

how the hell did you win a shirt? and a hat? and a wallet? AND $10?!
i won a huge handlebar lamp what is pink (and the size of my face), and ti didn't even come equipped with batteries!!!
your wallet came equipped....

man, something's wrong with this picture.

Nicolas Andres Ibarra said...

When asked for a response to Former Women's State Champ Maureen Grady's incredulous comments, Ibarra would only nod and smile somewhat mischievously, "I am not looking for any controversy. It was a very beautiful race, and I will defend my fourth place title next year," he finally offered.

Maureen Grady said...

HA!


Oh you!